Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Flooding In Iowa - Animals need help!

Any time people are displaced, so are their animals. Yesterday, I received another email from United Animal Nations - Emergency Animal Rescue Service. They have extended the dates for needing trained volunteers in Cedar Rapids.

After weighing my responsibilities here at the office, and the needs of dogs and cats in Iowa, I decided to respond to EARS's request for help. I put my name in their database and am currently on stand by - which means I wait for them to call me, and begin gathering supplies.

Today I am making a list and checking it twice. I am airing out a sleeping bag, and making sure I have enough red shirts to last several days (red is the EARS volunteer uniform color). I am reading up on this disaster, and re-reading the volunteer handbook I received at their training workshop.

I'll keep you posted if I get the call!

No comments: