Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm heading to Iowa

I got the call this afternoon as I was shopping for "non-perishable foods" I'll need in Iowa. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, stopping half way overnight at a hotel, and will finish the trip on Thursday. I am scheduled to work June 26 through July 3 with the option of staying longer.

They are unable to tell me what I will be doing. What I do know is that I'll help care for the animals at the shelter. Other possibilities might be working with pet owners looking for their pets, paperwork, and maybe even rescue since I have experience trapping cats.

I'll update you when I get there. In the meantime, check out Online Dog Coach's page on the Iowa rescue efforts. I recorded a personal video message tonight that should be posted by the end of the week.

No comments: