Friday, July 11, 2008

Home

I spent the remainder of the holiday weekend with family in Missouri before returning home. I have now unpacked, done laundry, and begun re-acclimating myself to my regular life.

Little things remind me of everything I experienced while in Cedar Rapids. At the pet store there were two cats for adoption, and petting them through the kennel bars reminded me of all of the cats who can't go home until their families can clean up their home or find alternate places to stay.

A snippet of a conversation, a familiar looking face, or a news story on TV reminds me of the friends I made and things I experienced. By the way, NBC didn't air much of a story. Maybe they are saving it for later??? I plan to share the story and remember the charity and resilience of the pets and people of Cedar Rapids!

No comments: