Saturday, July 5, 2008

Story on NBC Tonight?

NBC interviewed a family and we were told it will show Saturday night. For many of the people affected, their family and pets are the only things they have left. Hundreds of homes have been deemed unsafe to enter, and will be bulldozed.

I am thankful for the droves of community members who come in every day to help care for the pets. Some come in because they are lucky and want to do something to help. Some come in because they lost something and are thankful for the shelter. All come in because they care about the animals.

I am happy the city shelter, college, HSUS, and UAN/EARS came together to provide shelter for these animals. UAN is looking for donations to their LifeLine Crisis Relief Grants, which help people cover veterinary and care costs for their pets during times of disaster.

1 comment:

Marvin said...

I have gotten to know Suzy during her time here in Iowa. We learned the ropes of this temporary shelter together. By the end of the day it was apparent she was the right person for the lead individual over the cats. I can only imagine the work as lead is overwelming, but Suzy did an amazing job. She was always there to answer my questions and help whenever and however she could. I can't express how much her work is appreciated. She truly has a BIG heart.

Thank you again Suzy for volunteering your time and energy to these cats. I am proud to call you my friend.

Marvin